Nicole’s top 6 tips for keeping your business healthy
- New customers or existing – are you getting a lot of repeat business, or just one-off sales? Make sure your customers are as happy as can be, so they keep coming back again and again.
- Organisation – if you’re a small business, you’re probably juggling a lot of other commitments too! Stay organised and make sure you know when your designated work hours are.
- Schedule your time. In the limited time you have to ‘work’, you want to be as efficient as possible. Work out how long each task is going to take, and try and stick to it.
- Stay disciplined. Don’t give in to distractions of social media, emails, funny videos etc during your work time.
- Develop yourself. As a small business owner operator I know how hard it is to make sure you’re developing your professional knowledge. Seek out online tutorials or articles that you can read to upskill yourself, and schedule in time for this so it doesn’t fall by the wayside.
- Keep on top of your financials so you know exactly how your business is going at any given time. This is also handy so you can prepare for having to pay tax if need be, or if you’ll need to register for GST.
- Know your goals and have a way of tracking them.
- Make sure your customers feel the love! Check in with them every now and then to see how they’re going, and if they need you for anything.