I love spring – it signals the end of the season where you attempt to keep 4 humans (3 of them largely uncooperative and easily distracted by licking the car ‘because it tastes wet’ or filling up their puddle boots to ‘keep the puddles mummy’) dry getting in and out of the car, washing millions of layers of clothes and entertaining yourselves indoors!
Spring is wonderful – the sunshine comes streaming in, your mood is naturally heightened and life is good. So it’s just natural that that feeling of happiness should translate into your business!
Here’s some things you can do to regain your clarity and refocus for the rest of the year.
- Clean out your inbox! Unsubscribe from email lists that no longer serve you, delete spam, delete promotional emails you no longer need.
- Get archiving! Go through your client folders, and file away any clients that no longer work with you. This goes for digital folders too.
- Tidy your desk! I find it greatly affects my productivity if I have a messy workspace. Organised desk, organised mind.
- Check your backup schedule, and tweak if necessary. If you’ve got backups older that 3 months old, and you have more recent backups, delete the old ones! And if you don’t have a backup schedule – CREATE ONE! I can promise you it is NOT worth learning the hard way!
- Schedule some social media posts – that way when you take some me time in the beautiful sunshine, no-one is any the wiser that you’re on the beach and not at your desk!
Do you have any other quick tips for spring cleaning your business? I’d love to hear them in the comments below!